Summer is over!

I never even managed to finish the post about our awesome summer trip home to TN. Luckily, I took lots of pictures, and Virginia likes to talk about how much fun she had with her grandparents, cousins, and everyone else we saw while we were home. We spent lots of lazy days at the farm, the kids just playing around the house. Callie, Molly and I got to go to dinner, go to the gym, and go shopping. It was great to have time with my sisters, and with my parents! Joe flew back to TN and we spent a night in Maryville with Nana Blackburn before going to the Blackburn family reunion. The kids had a good time being the center of attention (they were the youngest there), and we had a good time visiting with everyone!

We spent a not so fun night at the Airstream with Cindy and Rick at a campsite near Gatlinburg. It was a beautiful place, but the kids would not sleep in the Airstream, so it was rough! Virginia had been so excited to go camping, and she really loved her first smore, so hopefully next summer they will do better! Cindy and Rick were amazing and took the kids back to Nashville for us. Joe and I met my mom, dad, Callie, Molly, and Rebecca at Dollywood for a day of theme parking! We had a blast! The weather wasn’t too hot, the lines were not bad at all, and we got to ride a bunch of rides multiple times! Joe and I spent the night in Gatlinburg and found a Mellow Mushroom to have dinner at. We drove to Joe’s parent’s house the next morning. We stayed in Nashville a few more days before heading back to Seattle.

The Bungie family picnic was the next weekend, we had a ton of fun! It was out at Lake Sammamish State Park, which is beautiful. We played games, Virginia got her face painted, there were big bouncy houses, and good food. We saw some friends, played on a cool playground, had some ice cream, and left when the kids were wore out. I had a great birthday, I got a nanny for the kids and was able to go shopping on my own and meet Joe for lunch. After I got home Virginia had her first gymnastics class of the summer at a new place, there were only like 5 girls total and the teacher was great. Joe came home early from work and made me a great dinner. Afterwards we had cake and I opened presents. Joe had booked me a consult for the next morning with a plastic surgeon to see about getting a breast augmentation, something we’ve been talking about for months!

I ended up getting  a nanny for the next day as well, because Joe had a meeting he couldn’t miss during my appointment time. It was like another gift to have the morning off of kid duty! The appointment went great and I left feeling really excited about the procedure! I went to the water front in Kirkland and read a book for a while, and then had lunch before going back home.

Virginia’s fourth birthday was a huge success! Cindy flew in on the 11th so she could be here for her party. Cindy watched the kids for us that night, so Joe and I went to the new Fogo de Chao that had just opened up in Bellevue. It was pretty expensive, and not really my cup of tea, but it was fun to check out! That Saturday we went to the Zoo, and although it started out a little cold it was a great day for it! The animals were all super active, and the kids had a great time! It hadn’t rained in literally 50 days, we had broken a record, and the morning of Virginia’s party is started raining. Luckily the kids were all happy playing inside! Cindy was amazing and set up all the decorations I’d bought in a really nice way, so the house looked great! We had pizza, played a game, had cake, and then the sun came out in time to hit the pinata outside! Virginia opened her presents and got some really cute things! That night we went to a hibachi grill in Bellevue for dinner. Joe was right, the kids thought it was a blast! They loved the volcano fire, and the whole show of dinner being made in front of us! They even ate a ton of food!

Cindy had to leave Monday to get back to Papa Joe. On Virginia’s real birthday, I made her chocolate chip scones with icing, and we sang happy birthday to her again and she blew out more candles. We told her she could pick anything for her birthday dinner, and she chose to go to McDonalds! She was pretty excited to finally be four!

The week after Cindy left, Gracie came for a visit! Matt got to go on a two week Blizzard trip to Cologne, Germany, and then Paris! She came to visit us for a few days, and we had amazing weather! We took the kids to Pike Place Market on a Friday morning and the crowds weren’t too bad. We walked around and saw some cool things, and then met Joe for lunch in Bellevue. We had a nice dinner outside and Joe made us margaritas! On Saturday we drove up to Edmonds to take the ferry to Kingston. We missed the first ferry departure we wanted, but the kids did good waiting in the car for the next one! They loved the ferry ride! We had lunch at a cute place right near the terminal, we got to sit on a deck with views of the water. We walked around some shops, got ice cream, and then got on the ferry back towards home. Gracie had to leave on Sunday, but we had time to go to the new park in Bellevue in the morning and play for a while! She actually got to join Matt in Paris for the end of his trip, and they have been exploring the French countryside for the past few days!

This weekend was Pax in Seattle, and Joe got us passes to go on Sunday. We got there right at 10 when it started, and headed to the Paramount theatre first. Bungie had bought it out and set up shop inside, it was pretty cool! After we saw their set up, we walked to the convention center and went to the main floor expo. We saw some people that Joe worked with in Baltimore at the Elder Scrolls booth, so that was neat! The kids loved seeing people dressed up, and there was a ton of cool booth set ups! After we’d walked around for a good hour, we went across the street for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and had some good food.

We had a sitter last night for the launch party of Destiny 2. It was at the Paramount theatre, they moved some things around for the  party and it was really pretty! We shared an Uber with Heather and Guillaume and had dinner at the Carlile Room before the party. The drinks and food were both really good, and we had a great time hanging out! Once at the party we got seperated, but I know so many people now that it is pretty fun just moving around talking to people! It was super loud and hot inside the theatre, but we had a good time! We made it until 10:30, and then we found Heather and G and got an Uber back. The kids were great for Linda, it is so nice to have a sitter we trust and can count on!

Today is Labor Day, and we’ve mostly been lazy. It’s about 90 degrees out, so very hot inside. Virginia starts Preschool on Wednesday! Joe and I went to parent orientation last week, I felt so grown up! We got to check out the church/school, meet her teacher and the assistants, and were giving the handbook and a ton of forms to fill out (which I love doing!) I’m really excited for Virginia, I know she is going to love it! There are only 11 kids in her class! I’m excited to have time with Luke one on one while she is in school! They are both so big, and (usually) very sweet. We just converted Luke’s crib to a toddler bed, so that has been fun (he likes to escape, so we have to shut his bedroom door!) He likes to say “I do it!,” “No, me!,” and tries to do everything just like Virginia!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s