1. Being married is super fun when your husband is cute and lets you be crazy a lot of the time.
2. Being married means being an adult, which means working full time. Ick! And living outside of Baltimore means sitting in lots of not so fun traffic every weekday, which makes me feel like even more of an adult. On the upside, I enjoy getting nice paychecks!
3. Joe and I are ridiculously lucky to be in zero debt. No college debt, no credit card debt, etc. It’s pretty awesome. I couldn’t imagine starting married life out under a pile of extra bills.
4. Crock pots make good food but are heavy, and therefore a pain to clean. Exhibit A:
This recipe was called Angel Chicken, I found it on Pinterest. Cream cheese, a packet of Italian seasoning, a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, and two frozen chicken breasts. Cook on high 4-6 hours, and enjoy! I added half a cup of milk to make it more saucy, and it was pretty good! Not something I’ll make super often, but it was okay. Cleaning it was a serious work out though! Joe heard me struggling and kept offering to help but I powered through and the crock pot is as good as new.
5. Most nights I really love cooking dinner, especially since Joe and I have such great friends and family that got us really great kitchen supplies. I have a beautiful red Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, a Cuisinart food processor I’m slightly afraid of, and lots of cool gadgets like an ice cream scooper that I use to scoop out muffins and cupcakes!
6. I love being Mrs. Blackburn, but as a girl, I can say it is a serious hassle changing your name! I need to come up with a way to make it seamless and quick, because I wanted to pull my hair out a few times. It was all worth it though I suppose, I really love my new name!
7. Joe and I didn’t live together before we were married. We both had apartments and spent most of our time together, but I have to admit I was a little apprehensive because aside from my dad, I’d never lived with a boy before. Luckily I can say that Joe is like the easiest person in the world to live with. I am super OCD about cleaning and order and whatnot, and he lets me do things my way, but always offers to help! It’s super sweet.
8. I can’t really think of any others things worth mentioning right now (I felt like I should acknowledge our one month anniversary on here, which was yesterday). This was a little off the cuff so please ignore my rambling-ness!